The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner. This is the Lord’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes...This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:22-24
You have not selected any currency to display

Trump rages against subcontractors who damaged new Rose Garden surface

Trump rages against subcontractors who damaged new Rose Garden surface  at george magazine

President Donald Trump railed against the landscapers who completed his renovation of the White House Rose Garden, vowing to never hire their contractor again after spotting a “huge gash” in the stonework.

Trump made some noticeable changes to the historic garden that borders the Oval Office, including paving over the center section of the lawn with stone tiles. He also added in the same patio furniture used at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.

Now, while touting the remodel, Trump detailed how earlier this week he saw a “deep and nasty” crack in the stone tiles, leading to him expressing his frustration aloud and later looking at footage from a nearby security camera to see how the damage occurred, video which he shared to Truth Social on Saturday.

“The Rose Garden is completed, and far more beautiful than anyone ever had in mind when it was conceived of, decades ago. Three days ago, while admiring the stonework, I happened to notice a huge gash in the limestone that extended more than 25 yards long. It was deep and nasty! I started yelling, ‘Who did this, and I want to find out now!’ — And I didn’t say this in a nice manner. I wondered, ‘Was it vandalism or, was it stupidity?’ Lo and behold, because of the fact that we’ve installed the finest security equipment anywhere, they brought back the stupid people, with their boss watching (in sunglasses!),” Trump said.

The 40-second clip from the surveillance footage shows two workers dragging a lopsided cart stacked high with shrubbery along the stone, before appearing to get caught on a corner, leading to them having to push it over the side of a stone tile.

Trump indicated that the stone would now need to be replaced after the incident, though it is unclear when that will happen. The initial redesign took nearly two months, with construction beginning in early June.

One thing for sure is that the same workers will not be returning to the project.

“Now, I’ll replace the stone, charge the contractor, and never let that contractor work at the White House again — But, how great is the video equipment? We caught them, cold,” Trump said.

LABOR DAY 2025: WHAT TO KNOW AHEAD OF TRAVELING THIS WEEKEND

The setback is unlikely to discourage Trump, who has brought his real estate expertise to the White House.

That has seen him install two new flag poles on the White House’s North and South lawns, launch a complete redesign of the Oval Office, and announce the construction of a new $200 million, 90,000-square-foot ballroom, as well as the Rose Garden remodeling.

Continue reading your articles with a George Magazine Subscription.

Trump rages against subcontractors who damaged new Rose Garden surface  at george magazine
Trump rages against subcontractors who damaged new Rose Garden surface  at george magazine
---------------------- OR ----------------------

Already a subscriber? Please log in and try again.

Login
error: Content is protected !!