All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness... 2 Timothy 3:16

King Charles expresses ‘deepest concern’ after brother Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest

King Charles expresses 'deepest concern' after brother Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's arrest  at george magazine

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

King Charles III expressed his “deepest concern” about the news of his brother, former Prince Andrew, being arrested on suspicion of misconduct while in public office.

“What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation,” the king said in a statement.

“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course,” he added. “As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”

FORMER PRINCE ANDREW ARRESTED ON SUSPICION OF MISCONDUCT IN PUBLIC OFFICE

On Thursday, Thames Valley Police issued a statement on a newly opened misconduct probe. Without naming the person at the center of the case, police said that “a man in his sixties from Norfolk” was arrested on suspicion of misconduct while in office. Thames Valley Police said that officers were carrying out searches at addresses in Norfolk and Berkshire.

“Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office,” Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said in a statement. “It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offense.”

“We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time,” Wright added.

Thames Valley Police said the man would not be named, citing “national guidance.”

Mountbatten-Windsor, who turned 66 on the day of his arrest, was previously linked to disgraced late financier Jeffrey Epstein, and has appeared in the infamous Epstein files, including in images. 

In 2019, the late Queen Elizabeth II forced her son, Mountbatten-Windsor, to give up his royal duties and end his charity work after he tried to explain his ties to Epstein during a BBC interview.

Last week, the king said that Buckingham Palace was ready to “support” U.K. police examining claims against his brother.

STARMER CALLS ON EX-PRINCE ANDREW TO TESTIFY BEFORE CONGRESS AFTER LATEST EPSTEIN RELEASE

“The King has made clear, in words and through unprecedented actions, his profound concern at allegations which continue to come to light in respect of Mr. Mountbatten-Windsor’s conduct,” the palace said in a statement, according to The Associated Press. “While the specific claims in question are for Mr. Mountbatten-Windsor to address, if we are approached by Thames Valley Police we stand ready to support them as you would expect.”

Police had previously said that they were looking into reports that Mountbatten-Windsor had shared confidential trade reports with Epstein in 2010, when the then-prince was serving as Britain’s special envoy for international trade.

Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who committed suicide last year, alleged that Mountbatten-Windsor had sex with her when he knew she was only 17, according to an extract from her memoir published by The Guardian.

She said that Epstein associate Ghislaine Maxwell had told her, “When we get home, you are to do for him what you do for Jeffrey.”

“He was friendly enough, but still entitled – as if he believed having sex with me was his birthright,” Giuffre wrote of Andrew. “The next morning, Maxwell told me: ‘You did well. The prince had fun.’ Epstein would give me $15,000 for servicing the man the tabloids called ‘Randy Andy’,” Giuffre wrote.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

If the case were to go to trial, it would head to the UK’s Crown Court, which deals with the most serious criminal offenses, and the former prince would be facing life behind bars. Additionally, U.K. law limits the amount of time that Mountbatten-Windsor can be held in detention to 96 hours. 

The Crown Prosecution Service, the main prosecuting agency in the U.K., says misconduct in public office is committed when a public officer willfully neglects their responsibilities and/or willfully misconducts themselves to such a degree as to amount to an abuse of the public’s trust. Furthermore, the offense must be done when the person is acting as a public officer, meaning it would not be relevant if the individual had committed a crime while holding office.

The Associated Press and Fox News Digital’s Alex Nitzberg contributed to this report. 

error: Content is protected !!